PROFESSIONAL BASEMENT WATERPROOFING
Permanent Interior and Exterior solution
CALL US: 1-866-891-1917
What Does Bench Footing Involve?
Basement contractors will design and create a perimeter around the inside of the basement walls. They’ll then dig up to the desired thickness around the base.
After completing the digging process, the basement contractors will construct new footings that extend deeper than the thickness of the new flooring. Once the new walls extend up into the first basement depth, they will cover it with concrete.
The final effect will be as if the home has a concrete bench extending along the foundation wall. Therefore, it provides a ‘benching effect’ and extra support to the foundation.
What Precautions Are Essential before Beginning the Practice of Bench Footing?
Make sure you assess preliminary matters such as the following:
- The soil where the house is constructed
- The required thickness of the area
- Intended use of your basement
- Maintenance cost in the long-term
- Get the underpinning contractors to analyze the whole area, even the outside walls of the home to understand whether seat footing is your best-suited technique for your property.
- Request the engineer to inspect the fundamental design of your property and consider factors like the degree of their sanitary sewer connection.
- Typically, lowering the cellar wants a construction permit in the Municipality, so be certain that you get one before beginning the procedure.
- Remember to clean the basement of all of the storage or furniture things.