Waterproofing is an impervious barrier formation over the surface area of roofs, walls, foundations, and various other building structures to prevent water leakage through surfaces or cracks. There are some commonly-used materials used for waterproofing terraces. They are bituminous, cementitious, and liquid waterproofing membranes, amongst others. Given below is a brief description of some of these methods.
- Cementitious Waterproofing Method: This method consists of a thin layer of coating, which is that of a primer coat, followed by two top coats. These coats are applied using a trowel, roller, or spray. This method is more flexible than cementitious waterproofing.
- Liquid Waterproofing Membrane Method: This method consists of a thin layer of coating, which is that of a primer coat, followed by two top coats. These coats are applied using a trowel, roller, or spray. This method is more flexible than cementitious waterproofing.
- Bituminous Coating Waterproofing Method: This is a type of coating that is applied in accordance with polymerization grade and formulation. It is an excellent waterproofing method for concrete terraces.
- Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing Method: This method is very popular to use on low-sloped terraces due to its performance. Bituminous waterproofing membrane consists of a self-adhesive and torch-on membrane.
- Polyurethane Liquid Membrane Waterproofing Method: For flat-roof areas, polyurethane liquid waterproofing method is used. This method, although expensive, offers much higher flexibility.
Contact Aquatech Waterproofing now to prevent water seepage into your home from the terrace. Our terrace waterproofing services ensure that you will not have to think about waterproofing for a long time. Our experienced staff will take care of your roof for you. Call us now before the rainy season sets in your roof gets damaged beyond repair.